Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Mis-en-Scene Journal in my room *Update


Michael Kelleher

Professor King
COM 241
16 September 2012
Journal


        This is a photo of myself in my room. I never put much thought into analyzing my room, but this picture can in fact be an example of a mise-en scene. The composition for the frame is a wide shot of myself laying on my bed. The composition is also very much static, as the bed, and my body are horizonally straight. However, there is also a little bit of dynamic composition in the blue bin below the bed and the tipped over water bottle case in the very back below my bed also. Both open and closed framing are used for this picture. My body depicts an example of an object being closed in the frame, however my bed, chair, and desk are all not entirely enclosed within the frame, making it an example of open framing.
The setting and construction of my room is fairly bland. There is a pretty simple blue and cream-colored theme going on, with my shirt being the only thing that is black. I also depicted the rule of thirds for this picture, as my bed takes up th first two thirds of the picture starting from the left, while the last third of the picture on the right is my night-stand.
In regards to lighting, the top half of the picture is very well lit while the bottom of the picture is more dark. My t-shirt shows that I am very comfortable in my room and do not care much about how my appearance is in my room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment